The New River Valley Beekeepers Association offers an email discussion listserv called TheHive. There beekeepers ask and answer questions, post scientific research and news, advertise beekeeping services and products and discuss sucesses and challenges with their own bees.
Join the NRVBA today to get access to TheHive. Annual dues are $10 for an individual and $15 for a family.
The Association reserves the right to temporarily or permanently discontinue the list with or without notice and will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or termination of the list.
Rules of Conduct
- Do not post messages that attack others, cast aspersions on them or criticize others in a personal way. The discussions on the list are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may. Do not post messages concerning political views unrelated to bees.
- Defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Members in good standing may from time to time post about products, services, events or job opportunities related to beekeeping they or others offer. Remember, however, that the Association is a nonprofit educational association, and not an advertising venue or commercial enterprise.
- Use caution when posting messages concerning other individuals, products or services. Comments posted on the list are considered public and are subject to libel and antitrust laws. Do not post messages that encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either directly or indirectly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright with respect to such material or have received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, you grant the Association and users of the list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material.
Internet Etiquette (“Netiquette”)
The following guidelines are not intended as rules or requirements for participating in the list. Instead, they are general tips for participating in electronic mailing lists in a responsible and courteous manner. However, if you persist in ignoring any of them you may be prohibited from posting for a period of time.
- Include a signature tag on all messages.
- Make the subject line meaningful and useful. Summarize the message’s topic concisely and clearly so that others on the list can tell if it interests them right away.
- Warn the list of a lengthy message either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message with something like “Long Message.”
- If you are responding to a posting, place your comments at the top of the message and include only the relevant portions of the previous message in your reply. Also, delete any extraneous header and footer information.
- Only send a message to the entire list if it benefits everyone. Direct messages such as “Thanks for the information” or “Me, too” to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by cutting and pasting or typing an individual’s e-mail address into your e-mail reader’s “To” area.
- If you are offering items for sale to the membership, include your contact information such as email address and phone number so people can reply to you personally.
- To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
- For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
- For other administrative messages such as requesting the digest form, contact the list moderator.
Questions regarding membership or administrative issues should be submitted directly to Association officers.
Disclaimer of Warranty YOUR USE OF THE LIST IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE LIST IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE New River Valley Beekeepers Association DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. THE Association MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR GUARANTIES AS TO THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY OF THE CONTENT POSTED TO THE LIST. ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE CONTENT SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE PROVIDERS OF SUCH CONTENT. IN NO EVENT WILL the Association BE LIABLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF CONTENT POSTED TO THE LIST. THE Association DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, INTEGRITY, OR QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES YOU FIND ON OR THROUGH THE LIST. NOT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE LIST IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE Association WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS.