Please join us at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday 11th January 2018 at the Montgomery County Health and Human Services Building at 210 Pepper St., Christiansburg . For our first meeting of 2018 we are fortunate to have Tim Service as our speaker. He will do a presentation covering requeening colonies as well as how to make a queenless colony queen-right. Tim is a former president of Mountain Empire Beekeepers Association and raises queens in Meadows of Dan. A gifted speaker, Tim is anything but dry. Expect an entertaining and informative talk.
Our agenda is as follows:
1. What you should be doing with your bees.
- Vote on revisions of the NRVBA by-laws
- Comments from Jerry Borger regarding the Beginning Beekeepers Class
- Treasurer’s report
- NRVBA Apiary plan
3. Fred’s Follies: “What you should have learned at the last meeting had you been paying attention.” This is a chance to blurt out answers and win fabulous prizes (or voluntarily embarrass yourself in front of your peers).
4.Presentation by Tim Service (Please hold your questions until the end of Tim’s talk)
5. Raffle. Note, there will be no intermission. Buy your tickets before the meeting or, quietly, any time during the meeting in the back of the room. Items will include:
- 10-frame medium super, unassembled, w/ nails
- 10 medium frames, unassembled w/ 10 sheets of cut comb foundation (no nails)
- J-hook hive tool
- Basic Candle Making (book)
- Cowhide gloves (medium size)
6. Close of formal meeting. This will be a time for refreshments, questions and socializing. Please consider bringing something to eat or drink. It is a great time to find a home for those leftover holiday goodies.
Throw another log on the fire and mark your calendars!