Members of the New River Valley Beekeepers’ Association will present a Beginning Beekeeper’s Course at 220 Price Hall on the Virginia Tech Campus, Blacksburg, VA. The course covers everything a beginner needs to know to start keeping honey bees, and lasts two Saturdays, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm: the first will be 7 February 2015 to enable students to learn how to acquire honey bees and equipment in time to get them for use this spring; the second date is 11 April 2015 and will include how to handle and care for honey bees along with hands-on time in an apiary. Cost is $55 for the first member of a family; $25 for each additional member (with a single set of books/handouts).
Those interested can sign-up and/or view a syllabus on-line at https://secure.west-point.org/nrvba
Pre-registration not later than 1 February 2015 is mandatory. Address questions to Jerry Borger, email@example.com 540-382-1798.
- February 14th Meeting- Catch your own free bees and place your bid in our silent auction!
- “So, You Want To Be A Beekeeper” Presentations, & Beginning Beekeeper’s Course
- November 8th Meeting – The Couvillon Lab at VT
- Tonights meeting (Oct 11th) is cancelled due to weather
- October 11th Meeting: The Couvillon Lab at VT